Part-Time Dock Assistant #1852The Union
Dock Assistant, Part Time - The Union
Grass Valley, CA, US
12 days ago
Requisition ID: 1852
The Dock Assistant is responsible for putting the finished print media products into the hands of our carriers. This role is essential in our circulation department, so if you are fast-moving and pay attention to details we would love to talk to you.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Receiving newspapers each publication day from The Union Packaging Department and from other newspaper companies that The Union is contracted to deliver.
- Review daily newspaper delivery manifests and truck loading documents and prepare distribution of newspapers to independent contractors in the appropriate order that is designated by newspaper management.
- Oversee dock operation as independent contractors pick up newspaper products assigned to their "Area of Primary Responsibility" (APR).
- Maintain the dock as a safe work area.
- Work on the dock, loading newspaper bundles into company trucks. Transport bundles to independent contract locations when necessary.
- Accept, count and record single copy returns, verifying information to assure single copy accountability.
- Distribute mail to single copy contractors.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all single copy equipment, forms, etc.
- Assist Home delivery Managers in the daily distribution of newspapers to contractors during early A.M. loading dock operations as needed.
- Must be able to work assigned shift hours – 12 am to 4 am.
- Assist in single copy or home delivery operations.
- Collect from dealer accounts week/monthly if needed.
- Distributes promotional material to racks and dealers as needed.
- Prepare print and deliver products as needed.
- Prepares and completes reports as necessary.
- Deliveries newspapers to locations on open routes in a timely manner.
- Assist and provide back up in other areas of circulation when needed.
- Performs special projects or other related work as required or requested.