NUHS Debate Coach $1,246. stipend, 2019-2020 school year.
Requirements / Qualifications
Previous successful experience coaching academic policy debate at the high school level; fundraising and budget experience desirable.
● Attends tournaments and practices which includes judging practice debates.
● Completes two small files or one large file per month.
● Coordinates the club with the assistance of Head Debate Coach.
● Helps prepare novice evidence.
● Creates premade novice 1NC strategies.
● Modifies varsity files into novice versions with the assistance of varsity members of the debate team.
● Copies, distributes, and keeps track of who has received evidence.
● Makes copies of missing evidence.
● Maintains storage space with assistance of Head Coach.
● Maintains paper back files.
● Adheres to D219 Board of Education policies and procedures.
Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient functioning of the club, ie:
● evaluates, checks in, and organizes evidence to the file server.
● maintains additional paperless materials, including ballots and event results.
● allocates laptops and oversees that template is installed correctly.
● assists with maintaining and updating website with digital media and debate news.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.