Special Education Teacher and Office Specialist
Camptonville Elementary School
Special Education Teacher
7.5 hours per day (Classified)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Attend to and process administrative details not requiring the immediate attention of the Superintendent/Principal; independently respond to routine letters and general correspondence; compose and prepare letters, memoranda, and reports pertaining to standard policies.
- Pickup, review and screen incoming correspondence and communications and prioritize for Superintendent/Principal; disburse correspondence to appropriate sources; mail all out-going district and school correspondence.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the following data reporting systems:
- ThinkWave -Daily attendance and School Management Software
- CALPADS/SEIS – Student Information Systems
- CNIPS – Child Nutrition Program
- ESCAPE – County Accounting and Finance System
- CAASPP – State Assessment and Accountability System
- PFT – Physical Fitness Testing
- Shots for Kids - Immunizations
- Perform technical and clerical activities and functions related to student enrollment and attendance; collect, compile, and prepare state, county and district reports regarding student enrollment and confidential student attendance and welfare information and data.
- Maintain student cumulative records, health records, and test scores; verify student enrollment information and inter-district transfers; maintain student emergency, registration and transfer forms; and maintain files and prepare correspondence for the School Attendance Review Board (SARB) process.
- Assists public, staff, and students by referring them to sources of information; assume responsibility for communication systems; interviews visitors; and answers questions and provides information while maintaining confidentiality of information or files.
- Order and receive instructional and office supplies; maintain accounting of district expenditures; prepare district invoices for payment; enter into ESCAPE system and submit to county for processing.
- Maintain employee information including health records, worker’s comp files, TB testing results and notification; maintain employees sick/personal necessity leave; maintain staff/volunteer fingerprint procedures and results.
- Maintain data for the statewide student identifier system (SSIS) on the CALPADS site; maintain Blackboard Message System; maintain the School/District website for notification of parents regarding announcements, upcoming events, school cancellations; maintain files for e-Rate process.
- Attend staff development days and staff meetings as required for professional growth.
- Current office methods and practices; basic administrative, statistical, and fiscal data collection and report preparation; record keeping, filing systems and school accounting methods.
- Technology skills; ability to learn and use computer programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, CALPADS, Blackboard, and ESCAPE.
- Accurate verbal and written communication skills for spelling, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation skills.
- Basic Crisis Response protocol.
- Work independently; analyze situations effectively and make decisions on procedural matters without immediate supervision.
- Establish and maintain a variety of records and files; operate standard office equipment; word process accurately at a rate required for successful job performance.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive information and files.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize workload to meet established timelines.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted the performance of required duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma supplemented by course work in general office skills required. Associate in Arts (AA) degree preferred;
- Minimum of three years of technical, clerical and record keeping experience preferred;
- Excellent computer/technology skills;
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificate;
- Drug Test Clearance;
- TB test Clearance;
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint Processing
- Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers.
- Sufficient dexterity to use standard office equipment.
- Sufficient mobility to move about the campus.
- Sufficient strength to lift 40 lbs. or carry objects over 25 lbs.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.